PENfriend 2 and 3
RNIB PENfriend enables you to record your own audio labels for a wide range of items in and around the home, at school, and on the way to work. To identify an item, touch the label with PENfriend and it will play back your voice recording! Labels can be re-used and can play back up to 60 minutes of content.
- "Get started" instructions are spoken in audio (in many languages) and is on the tactile, talking Instruction cards.
- Switch on PENfriend and touch the instruction hotspot for detailed explanations.
- This site also has detailed video instructions.
- On the reverse are audio explanations with 16 uses people have found.
- You can record new messages onto any label to reuse them where possible
- Supplied with 130 recordable labels; each can hold a message, or music, up to one hour long.
- 8GB internal memory stores 250 hours of recordings. Memory is expandable to 16GB.
- Tactile, high-contrast operating buttons and dedicated power button.
- PENfriend is of no use to thieves so listen to your favourite talking books when you go outside
- There are over 2600 unique, reusable audio-labels, so no shortage for labelling your CD collection, birdbooks, food items, etc. Each label has a unique number to avoid duplication.